What is love?

Sometimes I wonder what is love and how it happens? You might get attracted with someone but is that attraction really a love? You might not like someone in first meet does that mean there is no possibility? Does love happen at first sight or it takes time to develop? The answer differs from person to person as per their own experience. There are thousands of movies made on love and may be millions of books written. But sometimes I wonder is there anything like romantic love or it is just the expression of our sexual desires. Is any romantic relationship possible without involvement of sexual desires on it? I know it sounds too platonic. Many people say romantic relationship without sex might be possible but not practical at all.

One think I can say with 100% assurance that I haven't fallen in love till now? I have got attracted with someone but that I cannot claim love and that was almost one sided. I faded away after some days. I don't know whether love is in my destiny or not. But the bigger question is do I want to be in love with someone? I tend to get skeptical in this question. Yes I want to be loved. I want to get unconditional love from someone but I don't want to put any effort on it. Frankly speaking I want it to automatically happen in my life without any effort of mine. I think I am selfish as I think like this. I don't know why I think in this way. May be it is the influence of books that I have read.

I don't have the exact definition of love but during my Bachelor studies I had read one story titled "Love is a Fallacy" It logically explains how love is nothing but a fallacy.  So, if you also haven't fall in love yet then don't worry about it. May be it's time to rise in love.

Comments

Post a Comment